GT PRINT MODEL Printing Instructions
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
GT PRINT ™ MODEL is a light-curing resin designed for the 3D printing of dental and orthodontic models and for use in LCD and DLP printers that utilize a wavelength of 385-405 nm.
3D-printing production workflows comprise a number of components including intra-oral scanners, CAD/CAM software, resins, printers, curing & cleaning devices, and the like.
For any components that you use with GT PRINT ™ resins, please be sure to review all applicable labeling, instructions, and user manuals from the component manufacturers.
Preparing to Print
For best results:
- Store the product at room temperature (20-25°C / 68-77°F) for 24 hours prior to printing.
- Shake well – for approximately 10 minutes – prior to use (ideally one hour prior to use, to give time for potential air bubbles formed during the shaking to dissipate).
- Filter the resin – either prior to or when pouring into resin tank in 3D printer – through a screen with a mesh size (sieve size) < 200 microns.
When pouring resin into the resin tank, be careful to avoid splashes.
Be sure to follow your specific printer manufacturer’s directions for use and nesting parameters.
After printing, a dripping time of approximately ten minutes is recommended.
Washing with Water
GT PRINT ™ MODEL is a water-washable (water-soluble) resin. Uncured resin and residues on printed components will dissolve in water used for washing.
DO NOT WASH PRINTED COMPONENTS IN ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (IPA) OR OTHER SOLVENTS. WASH ONLY WITH WATER. USE A WATER BATH FOR WASHING. DO NOT WASH IN RUNNING TAP WATER.
- Remove printed components from build platform and remove support structures (if applicable).
- Wash printed components with normal (e.g. tap) water within approximately one hour of printing.
- Use approximately one liter (one quarter gallon) of clean washing water for every 2-3 printed orthodontic models.
- We strongly recommend scrubbing printed components with a wet toothbrush (e.g. when submerged in a water bath) to ensure a more complete removal of uncured resins.
- We recommend using compressed air to dry washed parts completely; if residual liquid resin remains on the part (visible as a glossy area), rewash the part with water.
DISPOSE OF USED WASHING WATER AS A HAZARDOUS OR SPECIAL-WASTE MATERIAL AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL REGULATIONS. DO NOT POUR USED WASHING WATER INTO SINKS, TOILETS, SEWAGE SYSTEMS, OR THE LIKE.
Use a curing unit that utilizes ultra-violet (UV) wavelengths between 250-390 nm. The ideal curing time and temperature may vary by individual curing unit, but in general we recommend a cure time of 12 to 15 minutes at room temperature (or otherwise at as low a heat as possible in your curing unit).
Avoid breathing dust/fumes/gas/mist/vapor/spray; contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of workplace; avoid release to environment; wear protective gloves; IF ON SKIN (or hair): wash with plenty of soap and water; if skin irritation or rash occurs: call a poison center or doctor/physician; IF IN EYES: rinse with water for several minutes; remove contact lenses if present and easy to do so; take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse; dispose of contents/container to hazardous or special waste collection point.
Contains methyl acrylate monomers and oligomers which, rarely, may cause an allergic reaction in individuals sensitive to products containing acrylic.
Additional Warnings and Precautions
Read the product Safety Data Sheet (SDS) prior to use.
Always wear appropriate protective gear (as described in the SDS) when using this product.
Strictly follow all recommended printing and curing settings for your specific printer.
Store this product in its original packaging (bottle) in a dark, dry area at temperatures between 5°C (41°F) and 25°C (77°F). Do not expose product to moisture or ultraviolet light.
Lot Number and Expiration Date
Lot numbers and expiration (“use by”) dates are indicated on the packaging. With questions or claims regarding any unit of this product, please indicate the lot number.
DO NOT MIX PRODUCT FROM PACKAGING WITH DIFFERENT LOT NUMBERS. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AFTER EXPIRATION DATE.